Pular para o conteúdo principal

Countryboy

Countryboy

In a redneck's house
I watched my back
And prayed to God
I was going to be fine

They should be rich
And now it is my fault
The gold isn't theirs
So they cry

I was called weed
Just like in the Book
So don't give them guns
We will all be convicted to death

I managed to scape
Suspecting that
I would be shot point-blank

The glare in their eyes
Was self-evident

O man,
We could've made friends
Tomorrow never knows
Still I wave goodbye

A famous guy
Once praised the lord
And pleaded with Him
Have mercy on them

These men are just fine
I agree with you
No more words for now
Maybe I am a mad guy

What if I am wrong
And regret for good
What will I do
Rather than cry

Maybe I am a mad guy, eh
But don't get me wrong
Tearing up money
Is no business of mine

Joao

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Versos ou Prosa da Memória Poética?

Porque hoje é quinta,
escuto Chico para chorar e rir, e em casa sem atrapalhar o tráfego .
No Sábado, ouço e leio Vinícius para dar risadas e chorar de rir.
O primeiro foi um grande construtor poético; o segundo ainda é. Ou seria o contrário de tudo até o primeiro ponto? Ou seria o contrário até o ponto segundo?
É bem verdade, entretanto, que uma genialidade floresceu há tempos.

Quem é quem então? Eles, eu sei quem são.

Draft

Just a short tale
By John Ny

A long time ago, one of my grandmothers, tried to make sure that joining the Brazilian military service would be an unnecessary feat in my case, as she could probably use her influence over that matter. A quite clear sign of care and preoccupation over a possible and bad outcome, in my opinion. However, after a long period of reflection over what my choice would be, I really decided on enlisting against her wishes, which, unexpectedly, resulted in an unlikely outcome as she proved to be one of my greatest supporters at the time. Well, I really miss my grandmother and not for the fact that she was white in spite of the fact that I am black. Nevertheless, that is not the real point here. Because what had already been very clear to all participants in that process from the start, and including her main role in the equation, was the fact that dodging draft would never make of any citizen a useful one for society. We all shared the same opinion about the role …

Banquete

-Oi, já cheguei da escola.
O que tem para almoçar?
-Oi, querida. Como foi seu dia de aula?
- Tem bife acebolado?
Eu quero bife, mãe!
- Tem sim, amada!
Tem salada de...
- E salmão?
Eu quero sobremesa também.
- Como foi seu dia de aula?
Eu preparei arroz, feijão....
- O mãe, só tem isso pra comer?

Não estou brava com minha mãe, pequeno grão de arroz!

Estou apenas com fome. John Ny/ João Neto